Best Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G Refurbished Deals – How To Buy
In the second half of the year, Samsung traditionally introduces a new addition to its "Note" phablet series. This year, for the very first time, there is not just one new phablet, but three. The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus are real eye-catchers in the chic Edge design and play in terms of performance in the high-end league.But the Note 10 Plus 5G - if you want to call it another model - is the one we'll be reviewing here.
The Note 10+, and the Note 10+ 5G version are exactly the same, except - wait for it - for the price and the 5G function of course. Indeed, Samsung are asking early adopters who want to try 5G out now to cough up an extra £200 or so, over the base price of the Note 10 Plus - which is already supremely expensive, but then again, new tech always is.
Power from the inside out: Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G
In the UK, all the Note 10 models come with the in-house Exynos 9825 processor - and not (as in the USA) the Snapdragon 855. Both are efficient eight-core processors, which were manufactured using the slightly nerdy sounding 7-nanometer process. The new Exynos delivers a maximum clock rate of 2.7 gigahertz. In addition, there are 10 8 GB for the normal non-Plus Note, and 12 GB for the Note 10 Plus.
When it comes to performance, the new Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G is once again at the top. Android 9 Pie is installed under Samsung's user interface - called One, which makes a good overall impression.
In particular, the S-Pen function is quickly apparent even for beginners.Internally, there are 256 or even 512 GB of available storage space plus - so Samsung does not let it run riot with an oversupply of options.
Only the 5G / Plus versions have a microSD slot, with which the internal memory can be expanded by up to 1 TB (if that is necessary at all). In the Note 10 Plus, Samsung has installed a battery with a generous capacity of 4,300 mAh. The smaller Note10 has to make do with 3,500 mAh. The Note9 scored around 10 hours in our runtime test with a 4,000 mAh battery - that's a solid value but the Note10 is even better.
Our Verdict on the Note10+ 5G
The question is really whether you want to get the 5G version now, or to wait. A lot of contracts are available at no extra cost to upgrade to 5G - for example, at the time of writing, Vodafone are offering no-cost upgrades to 5G models.
Differences between the S10 Plus and the Note10 Plus:
- The Galaxy Note 10 Plus has a slightly different design bezel to the S10 Plus, and also includes an S-Pen.
- The punch hole front camera is in the centre of the display for the Note 10, rather than the right-hand top corner like the S10 Plus.
- The camera system on the rear of the Note 10 is arranged vertically in the top left corner too, while the S10 models have a horizontally aligned rear camera system in the centre at the top.
- An IP68-rated glass and metal body is present on both series though and both have USB Type-C charging ports.
- Note 10 is slightly squarer in the corners than the Galaxy S10, which gives space for the S-Pen to slot into the bottom.
- There's no 3.5mm headphone socket and no Bixby button on the Note 10.
Galaxy Note10 Plus 5G Price
In the UK, the cost of the Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G Is £1299.
On contract in the UK, the price of a Note 10 starts at about £50 on pay monthly plans.
All Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G colours:
All Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G storage sizes:
We check prices on all these different sizes/storage capacities, to find the best refurb deals.